Friday, October 23, 2015

The Official Review Of The Janus Mask


Official Review Of The Janus Mask by Richard A Knaak

page1image216

Baron Mandrol is the ruler of Medecia who shows his many triumphs over his foes in the form of his death masks. His greatest rival, Vikor Falsche, is one such mask. In an attempt to showcase his triumph, Vikor was granted one last chance to finish what he started. Unfortunately for Vikor, his mask was not designed to last forever. 

For me, I was quite worried at first. The beginning  with the alchemist and the farmer, coupled with the description of the book made me assume he was going to cut someone's face off. I have read several of Mr. Knacks books and his descriptive sentences made me believe that this part would be as descriptive as it could be. My stomach was much obliged that my assumption was wrong! 

I personally enjoyed the book. It enthralled me throughout the story, and there was never a boring moment for me. I was pleasantly surprised at his ability to explain the death masks without me imagining a bloody piece of skin. It is actually nothing like that at all! My preconceptions of the book were completely wrong. The death masks were almost a tribute of sorts. Like an interpretation of that person more then their actual face. It was somewhat poetic to me.  

I would recommend this book to the fans out there that enjoy sci-if and fantasy. The action, adventure, unexpected moments, and twinge of forbidden love will make any avid reader enjoy this book. I was very happy to have this chance to review The Janus Mask. 

As always, Mr. Knaak did not disappoint with this book. 

To find this book and any others he has written go to : 

A special thanks to Mr. Knaak for the opportunity to officially review one of his amazing books. 

To my blog followers: stay tuned in the upcoming months for one last taste of what he has to offer his fans!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment