Friday, September 5, 2014

Beginning to write or beginning to do something about it?

I never admitted my work. I never called myself a writer. I refused to believe it could be worth anyones time but my own. Recently, I have gotten past those thoughts. This blog was once something to past time once and a while when they kids were asleep. Now I think I will treat it differently. No one may be following, or even reading this blog, but that doesn’t matter. Writing makes me happy. That’s what it comes down to when you finally decide you want to be a writer. It’s when you realize how much you truly love it. My moment came after I had written so much information I had to separate it into three books. I realized right there that I might actually have a talent of sorts. If anything it was a beautiful way to relax, and enjoy myself. After my first book was finished I looked it over about twenty times, concluded to never let anyone see it, then began my search for publishing. I spent hours learning about Query letters, literary agents, and frowned at the statics of your first book getting published by the first Query letter you send out. I fought myself once again, then sent the first one out there. I got the whole-Your book is not what I am looking for- email. I brushed it off and sent another. I kept looking online and trying to see the best ways to get my work out there for the world. It wasn’t until I followed some advise and purchased The writers Market Deluxe Edition that I saw my mistakes. I realized it wasn’t necessarily the work that got rejected, but the Query letter. I never knew the way I was writing it could be so detrimental to my book. I still have a lot to learn, but I can’t wait to find it all out. If your reading this then you are too. I can’t say I can give too much advice right now since I am beginning to as well. Well, not begin writing, just beginning to do something about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment