Monday, October 13, 2014

being a better person

     As a mom I know how to multi-task. As a military wife I know how to keep myself busy. What I am not is patient. I dislike waiting for my favorite author to release the next book in a series. I dislike waiting rooms for appointments, and I very much dislike waiting on people in general. At the same time I get agitated when people don't wait for me. It's a huge character flaw I am aware of.
     Thinking of my own flaws I started to pick out the flaws of others. I'd like to say it was because of a deep insight I have, but to be honest it was easier to see faults in others then in myself. I realize that everyone has a flaw. Even if you don't know what it is you do have one. If you honestly think you don't then perhaps it is denial.
    Flaws don't make people good or bad, and they don't make you better then someone else.They just show that we are human. Flaws are who we are just as much as our strengths.
    Without flaws we wouldn't have the chance to grow, or change. Flaws let us us make mistakes. Without those we would never learn.
     The trick is to see the flaws in others yet accept them anyway. Only then can you be accepted by others regardless of your flaws.
     When I hear someone complain about someone else I remind them that everyone has that one thing, that one flaw. It lets them remember that no one is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment