Sunday, January 18, 2015

Writing nothing for everyone

   It’s always hard trying to figure out what to write on a blog that people will want to read. Something that they might search for in an effort to get more viewers. Most do top five things, promotions, or gimmicks. I don't have many of those.
   I have a big mouth until it comes to talking about myself. I don’t like the attention, and so I prefer my blog to remain hidden. It hit one hundred views, and I shrank a bit. Until of course I thought : “Those were probably just me”.  I may run away when I get my first comment.
   To have people view me, and see me can be scary. I think that is why I enjoy writing the most. I give people someone else to see. I can be the person behind the character. I can make that person vulnerable, flawed, and heroic. I can make someone that everyone wants to see, or believe. I am perfectly content to stay in the back of the book.
    I don’t have published work (not that I’m not trying), and I don’t mind that much either. If my work was out there in the world then my name would be on it. They would see me for who I really am. It’s a frightening concept when you think of it. To be seen and judged based on something I wrote.
   My inner skeptic rises from the shadows in my mind to tell me it’s not good. What if someone else agrees? What if I am just fooling myself into thinking I am a writer when I am not? What would happen if my worst fears were confirmed, and I made as ass of myself? At least while I am hidden no one can do that.
  I don’t want fame for writing. I don’t even want acknowledged for it most of the time. I couldn’t imagine being popular and always having eyes on me. Ekk ….no way!  That being said I am perfectly content with writing everything for no one, and for writing nothing for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment