Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Letter To My Future Self-writing promp

Dear Published Author,

     I addressed this letter to published author because I am certain that at some point in the future you will be. I am determined to learn what I can in order to become what I hope to be. I am not foolish enough to believe I am as good as any of the greats, but I know eventually I might be at least good enough to  be published. My dream is to have at least one book on the New York Best Seller list, BUT I am NOT getting my hopes up.
 
     When you read this I know you will be thinking back to the day you sat in the living room during naptime. You think about hollering, and being interrupted by the latest sibling rivalry as the laundry by Tim's chair reminds you that there is other work to be done. Times like this I really wonder how I can keep my train of thought. It can be frustrating trying to remember what was in my head right before one of the kids asked me something.

     If I could picture you now, I would see a woman with a notebook and computer sitting in a coffee shop ignoring the world so she can write a whole chapter in one day! The children will all be in school, and you will get a call from your agent saying that your third book was a hit! You will smile and continue writing so you can get your work done in time to start dinner for when your family gets home.

(OKAY SO IT MAYBE A LOT OF WISHFUL THINKING HERE!)

   I don't want much in life, and thankfully Tim doesn't expect much from me. There is something special to be said about a guy who lets me try to pursue my dreams.  Especially considering I  make $0.00 unless you count the $50 a month when I do random articles for someone. He doesn't hold the lack of income against me, and he doesn't run out of patience. His support is why I know I will be published one day.

     I know I am not the perfect writer. I make mistakes, and my writing needs some work. I also know that one day that will change. The more I write the better it will get. The harder I try, the easier it will become. I will never give up on the one thing that I could do for the rest of my life. I don't just write stuff. I am a writer, and one day I will be an author.
  
    Dragon wish is going to soar! I can feel it. That story has so much potential. The story line, the romance, and the magic gets you sucked into it constantly.  No matter how many times you read, rewrite, and change it your still immersed into the book. This is your story. The story you have always pictured in your head. It will go places. Don't give up on it.

     I hope you are where you want to be in the future, but if you aren't then don't worry. You will be happy as long as you keep writing. I know I will be okay because I don't write for money or fame. I write for the stories. They deserve to be written. It makes me happy. It makes you happy.

    Sincerely,
      wanna-be writer 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment