Friday, January 15, 2016

How I manage to work from home.

I want to earn some money while I am stay at home mom. I can't get a job,daycare is too expensive,  but I need to have one. I have joined an in home company before, but it just didn't work for me. 

Does that all sound familiar? That's exactly what I was going through too. As a blogger I am always looking for something to write, something to read, and something that might make me a few bucks. Being a stay at home mom, I barely have time for anything. I wasn't sure I could even add anything else to my plate. 

This is all I do:
Get three kids ready for school
- this entails toothpaste on their brushes, checking their teeth afterwards, telling my 2 girls to change their outfits at least twice, trying to explain to my son why night pants are NOT school clothes, do the girls hair, and watch from the door as they wait outside for the bus. (In case you are wondering, they eat at school) 

Take care if my toddler
- Toddler, need I say more? Well for me, this means fighting him to eat his breakfast because he stole 4 packs of crackers when I was watching the other children at the bus stop, hollering for him to stay out of the fridge, trying in vain to hide the coffee creamer,  giving him a snack, changing the cartoons 5 different times, asking him where he hid my phone, negotiating lunch menus, and asking him to take the toys out of the living room. 

Clean the house
-During all of the above I have to do the dishes for a house of 6 people (4 kids 2 adults), clean the bathroom 3 times because my toddler insists on being a big boy when it comes to using the potty, wipe off the table from breakfast, pick up the toys, run the sweeper to pick up the cracker crumbs, get the finger prints off the T.V before my husband sees, scrap last nights dinner off the stove, and let's not forget the pile of laundry in front of the washer and in each room. 

Influenster
I get vox boxes via Influenster. They send me products to test out, and then I do a short survey about them. Sometimes they ask for you to post pictures online, but for the most part it's quick and easy. This is a great way for me to get some free products for my family. If you are interested in Influenster, feel free to follow the link. I only have 17 spots open as of right now so if the link does not work, chances are it's because it's full. 


Writing
I write for myself, and I also try to write a few articles online to make some money. Sometimes it can take me an hour to research the topic at hand and finish the piece. Other times they want 1,000 words on  dog food and it gets a bit harder. When that happens, I'm looking at like 4 hours when you take in consideration all the stops when my children need something. 

The money I make from writing so far has excitingly covered some of my bills. Okay, one bill. Okay fine, Netflix. It covers Netflix. Yes, I write my butt off for less then a penny a word, and since I need some exposure I also try to write as a guest blogger on other sites. It takes up a lot of my time yes, it may not be worth the money either, but I enjoy it. To me, it's worth it. 

text broker.com is where I get my articles. 

Direct Sales
Ah yes, in home companies. Almost every stay at home mom has at least in one point in her life, joined an in home party company. For me, this is my second. Second and last. I researched, and I found the best in home company for me. One with products that I love, and something that is not too popular in my area so I wasn't competing with other consultants for sales. After all, if you know at least 10 consultants from the same DS company, it's probably safe for you NOT to join. If everyone you know has heard of, and bought from that company for the past few years, and STILL has the stuff they bought, probably a good idea NOT to join. 

Maybe I am crazy, but I hate being bored. I hate doing nothing, but I want to stay at home. I also wanted to find something that I enjoy doing that is going to make money. Since my love of writing wasn't earning me significant money, I chose a direct sales company. I found TONS of free books for the kindle on social media marketing, and after about a week of research, I chose the company that I wanted to work for. I chose Jewelry In Candles. 

Jewelry In Candles is only 2 years old. They are growing fast because they have an amazing product that has residual income for the REPS. These candles burn for an amazing 100+ hours. After that, your customers will return to you for more. Returning customers are a very important and with JIC they return not only because the jewelry could be valued at $10-$10,000, they are made of soy, or even because you can easily reuse the jar. They return because the candles smelled AMAZING! 

Another reason why I chose them was because I can sell these to anyone. I am not hindered by age requirements, latest fashionistas, or make up lovers. I can sell these to anyone because almost everyone loves candles and tarts, AND they have JEWELRY inside which sets them above a normal everyday, over priced candle or tart. 

If you are reading this, you were in the same boat I was, and looking for something that might finally help you to row faster. If so, think about getting in touch with me. I'll talk to you and see if JIC is right for you too. 

www.jewelryincandles.com/store/ashley_blodgett 

Facebook 

www.facebook.com/jicashleyblodgett 




No comments:

Post a Comment